We Provide Flashing Repair & Leak Protection To Montgomery County, MD & Beyond
Is your flashing rusty, discolored, dented, lifted, or leaking? It’s time to get rid of the eye sore and give your chimney stack the leak protection it needs by having your flashing repaired or replaced — and we can help. We have years of experience repairing and replacing flashing and we use premier products and techniques to ensure the very best results.
What do we do?
We start with a thorough inspection of your chimney to make sure that the flashing really is the problem and that there aren’t any other hidden issues. We’ll look for tell-tale signs like moisture, stains, wood rot, and damage in the attic and along the ceilings and walls near the chimney. We’ll also visually inspect the flashing itself, looking for pooling water, rust and corrosion, holes, openings, dents, and other damage.
Once we’ve pinpointed the problem, we’ll let you know whether we recommend a repair or a full replacement.
- If flashing repair is needed: We’ll seal any openings or gaps and protect vulnerable areas using an elastomeric sealant product known as FlashSeal. This product can be applied in a single area or over the flashing in its entirety, and will prevent water from working its way in through the flashing in the future. Choose from black, brown, and white to better blend with your home.
- If flashing replacement is needed: We’ll remove any weak, rusted, or otherwise damaged flashing and replace it with copper or stainless steel flashing that will resist rust and corrosion. These metals are strong and durable, so you won’t have to worry about water wearing away at your new flashing like it did your old flashing. In addition to using the best products for the job, our team uses flashing installation techniques and methods that are proven to provide the very best leak protection. We’ll do the job right, guaranteed, using step and counter flashing as needed.
What Makes Flashing Leak In The First Place?
Flashing can leak for many reasons, but leaks are most commonly traced back to one or more of these issues:
- bad installation
- weak, rust-prone sheet metal
- dents and gaps caused by storms, limbs or animals
- gaps and openings caused by house settling and temperature shifts
It’s not always easy to tell if your flashing is in bad shape, which is just one more reason why a chimney inspection should be on your calendar every year. With an inspection, you get the thorough evaluation of a certified chimney professional and a detailed report, so you know when problems need to be addressed and repairs need to be made.
Put Flashing Woes To Rest With Traditions Chimney Sweeps
Put rust stains and flashing leaks out of your mind by calling Traditions Chimney Sweeps and having our team repair or replace your flashing today. We’re Chimney Safety Institute of America-certified chimney sweeps, licensed Maryland Home Improvement Contractors, and experienced professionals who are committed to your safety and comfort. For quality that you can count on, call 240-801-5626 or request an appointment online.
Waterproofing your chimney is one of the simplest and best ways you can protect against costly water leaks. Interested?